Friday, November 05, 2004

Mark Crispin Miller


First of all, this election was definitely rigged. I have no doubt
about it. It's a statistical impossibility that Bush got 8 million more
votes than he got last time. In 2000, he got 15 million votes from
right-wing Christians, and there are approximately 19 million of them
in the country. They were eager to get the other 4 million. That was
pretty much Karl Rove's strategy to get Bush elected.

But given Bush's low popularity ratings and the enormous number of new
voters -- who skewed Democratic -- there is no way in the world that
Bush got 8 million more votes this time
I actually got invited to a Kerry fundraiser so I could talk to him
about it.(Diebold) I raised the issue directly with him and with Teresa. Teresa
was really indignant and really concerned, but Kerry just looked down
at me -- he's about 9 feet tall -- and I could tell it just didn't
register. It set off all his conspiracy-theory alarms and he just
wasn't listening.
http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2004/11/04/election_reactions/
index1.html

No comments:

Blog Archive