Tuesday, August 27, 2002

The reason I'm not Saying I'm a Republican is...

"Vote for Mary Smith for Supreme Court" she said as she offered us a flyer."Have a pencil too" We were at Muscoot Farm, Weschester, NY when the local race came to us. We checked the flyer and the pen: no party was mentioned. "What party? I ran after the woman. "Excuse me?" "What party?" "What do you mean?" "What party?""Well, that would be, umm,Republican." "I can see why the secrecy then. Here's your pencil back.We don't vote for election stealers."
Later on, the candidate herself approached me:
"Legally, I couldn't say "endorsed by the GOP Convention" because it didn't take place yet"
"But you are running on the GOP ticket" "Yes" "Well,you don't have to explain" I said "I'd be ashamed to be associated with election stealers myself. Have a good life - except politically"

No comments:

Blog Archive