Monday, December 22, 2008

Unity is not just a Pony


I have been feeling very sad this week about my internet family…I even thought about packing my possessions in a handkerchief, tying it to a stick and walking away to hitch a train yo Solitude land

I stopped packing when I read Heidi Li’s beautiful entry at No Quarter and the Confluence

Especially in the fight against the subjugation of women, men and women must ask themselves these questions, because one of the hardest obstacles to achieving progress toward the good of justice for women is the tendency toward infighting on the one hand and selling out on the other
.

and the closing:

Time is on the side of those who fight for justice, so long as those who fight for justice do so with patience and tenacity, and resist the parallel temptations toward selling out or excessive infighting.


Thank you Heidi Li for the wonderful words of hope.

What had started as an admirable, heartwarming rally to help one of us in a moment of unspeakable tragedy and hardship, is threatening to evolve into a B0botic type loyalty test, with boycotts and lists of naughty and nice.

Let’s please remember what all of us had to escape earlier this year before coming together as PUMAs and not make anything - not even righteous arguments into divisive tests.

I will never change my values or give up my fight. I would dearly love to continue to do it with my dear friends of the past year.

As long as I can do it PUMA way.

No comments: