Sunday, December 28, 2003

Taking it personally - defending the General (attacking his enemies) Story score: · Add to my Hotlist
By Robbedvoter [Add to my Buddy List]
Posted to Robbedvoter's weblog (Soapbox) on Sat Dec 27th, 2003 at 10:32:54 AM EST


An interesting argument started on the blog about the wisdom of attacking * D vs positive campaigning.
The gentler kinder souls argued that visitors to the blog may be turned off by the attack.
Me, being of the acerbic sort do not see it as a dilemma for me. Clark is a statesman - and needs to project that, so for him as a candidate, that may be a concern.
I OTOH have the freedom of being nobody - a mere supporter with a purely voluntary allegiance to his campaign. No concerns of statesmanship for this New Yorker.
    Many may not believe it, but I used to be a laid back, mild mannered, shy person with little interest in politics. That was before I became "Robbedvoter - the Supercrusader against the Coup" . All superheros have a dramatic story of their transformation. Mine is known by everyone not in a cave in 2000.
   Eversince, I became enraged with the appeasements of the democrats to W - the dreaded one way only "bipartisanship" - or pink tutu - as Bartcop calls it.
 Then came Clinton. I slept (politically)  through his presidency - but Robbedvoter discovered the unbelievable vicious attacks unleashed by Bushco and the the backstabbing of the democrats. Conason and Lyons filled in the blanks.
"Why do they hate you so?" they asked. "Because I won" he answered.
My personal encounter in 2001 seal the deal:
http://www.legitgov.org/front_clinton.html
From now on, I was to take every attack on Clinton personally
And this long story brings me to  the other Rhodes scholar from Arkansas who will trounce the other Bush.
The same forces are in alignment. And this time I am here too. He will win and they'll hate him for it.
And I don't care who is doing the attacking, Dem or bush: I'll beat the s out of them* Count on it

No comments:

Blog Archive