Tuesday, February 15, 2005

IOKIYAR - media

link
            
Mesg #352867 "It makes sense to me"
Author samela    

Date Tue Feb-15-05 12:57 AM



I remember so well listening to Leslie Stahl in some radio interview describing how she had a meeting with Reagan in the Oval Office, and she realized he didn't even know who he was, much less she. And she says, "I said to myself ... is this something I should report? And I decided no." Apparently, the entire media knew the president was nigh onto non compis mentis, and didn't report it. Well, maybe this was just some sort of national security thing. Maybe we didn't want all our "enemies" to know the American president was drooling in his shoes and not steering the ship of state.
But I rather think they would have reported it of Clinton or Carter. In other words: Republican stories don't get printed. Compare Jennifer Fitzgerald to Monica Lewinsky. Compare Bush-daddy's pardon of Cuban terrorists and Pakistani heroin runners to Clinton's "scandallous" pardons.
IOKIYAR.
Plus, the media is scared. Plus, the people in this administration think they can get away with anything: lying, withholding information, telling long-time allies to screw off, having male prostitutes flitting around the White House. They don't give a shit, and that is how they get away with it.

No comments:

Blog Archive