Friday, October 15, 2004

Jon Stewart on Crossfire:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0410/15/cf.01.ht...
In many ways, it's funny. And I made a special effort to come on the
show today, because I have privately, amongst my friends and also in
occasional newspapers and television shows, mentioned this show as
being bad.
(LAUGHTER)
BEGALA: We have noticed.
STEWART: And I wanted to -- I felt that that wasn't fair and I should
come here and tell you that I don't -- it's not so much that it's bad,
as it's hurting America.
(LAUGHTER)
CARLSON: But in its defense...
(CROSSTALK)
STEWART: So I wanted to come here today and say...
(CROSSTALK)
STEWART: Here's just what I wanted to tell you guys.
CARLSON: Yes.
STEWART: Stop.
(LAUGHTER)
STEWART: Stop, stop, stop, stop hurting America.
BEGALA: OK. Now
(CROSSTALK)
STEWART: And come work for us, because we, as the people...
CARLSON: How do you pay?
STEWART: The people -- not well.
(LAUGHTER)
BEGALA: Better than CNN, I'm sure.
STEWART: But you can sleep at night.

No comments:

Blog Archive