Friday, October 01, 2004

Best of debate

We're facing a group of folks who have such hatred in their heart, they'll strike anywhere, with any means.

Of course we're after Saddam Hussein -- I mean bin Laden. He's isolated. Seventy-five percent of his people have been brought to justice. The killer -- the mastermind of the September 11th attacks, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, is in prison.
 We're modernizing our borders. 
And there's going to be an Arab summit, of the neighborhood countries. 
Well, actually he forgot Poland
My opponent just said something amazing. He said Osama bin Laden uses the invasion of Iraq as an excuse to spread hatred for America. Osama bin Laden isn't going to determine how we defend ourselves. 
You know, it's hard work to try to love her as best as I can, knowing full well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. 
But the enemy attacked us, Jim, and I have a solemn duty to protect the American people, to do everything I can to protect us.
 First of all, of course I know Osama bin Laden attacked us. I know that. 
: I'm trying to put a leash on them.

In Iraq, no doubt about it, it's tough. It's hard work. It's incredibly hard.
It's-and it's hard work. I understand how hard it is. I get the casualty reports every day. I see on the TV screens how hard it is. But it's necessary work.
We're making progress. It is hard work.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/debateref...

No comments:

Blog Archive