Saturday, October 12, 2002

Senator Byrd's Concluding Remarks

this country of ours - who have urged me to keep up the fight.  I am only one
Senator from a small state, yet in the past week I have received nearly
20,000 telephone calls and nearly 50,000 e-mails supporting my position.

I want all of those people across America who took the time to contact me to
know how their words have heartened me and sustained me in my efforts to turn
the tide of opinion in the Senate. They are my heroes, and I will never
forget the remarkable courage and patriotism that reverberated in the fervor
of their messages.


I say to the people of America, to those who have encouraged me and others to
uphold the principles of the Constitution, keep up the fight.  Keep fighting
for what is right.  Let your voices be heard.  I will always listen to you,
and I hope that the President will begin to listen to you.  May God bless you
in your endeavors.>>



No comments:

Blog Archive