Sunday, April 04, 2004

(#140) (No rating)

by Donna Z on 04/04/2004 08:20:50 PM EST

Rate this: - 1 2 3 4 5 + | Parent | Reply

I was at Kent State on May 4,1970.
I live in the woods 60 miles from the Canadian border. Actually many Kent Staters live near me, and we've remained a close knit group.
Some observations: they have all the guns that count, and the Army will shot at its citizens. Here's a strange story: On May Fourth my live-with boy friend, wearing a yellow shirt, was developing pictures in the photo lab which overlooked the field where the demonstrations took place. When he left the lab to watch, his camera was freshly loaded, and he shot off the roll capturing the disputed "order to fire" into the crowd. (there was always a question about this during the trial)
He hid the negatives in his mother's freezer, but nearly everyday our neighborhood was visited by strange guys unwilling to indentify themselves. Everyday. "Did anyone know someone with a yellow shirt?"
They never found my guy's negatives, although my friends who had taken their film from the day for commercial processing, never got them back. Instead, unknown two year old's birthday party pix were in the envelope.
I know that Wesley Clark chose to make the Army career. One astonishing quality of Wesley Clark is that he understands that all of us who lived through that period are united by a common thread: belief in our country and a devotion to its Constitution. And so I campaigned for a General who spoke for me.

No comments:

Blog Archive