Tuesday, April 13, 2004

CCN on the press conference

[new] (#58) (No rating)

by KayCeSF on 04/13/2004 09:40:59 PM EST

Rate this: - 1 2 3 4 5 + | Reply

I hope Noel doesn't mind.  I'm reposting all his comments from the last thread re Bush speech!
 The Generals will get what they need and have the authority to do what is needed against those who oppose freedom. Some disappointment in Iraqi people. If they need equipment and we will give them what they need.
Next question on false premises of flowers on arrival. A: My thinking going into Iraq. It was a gathering threat and oceans do not protect us. Saddam was a threat because he used WMD against his own people, funded suicide bombers, went to UN either you take care of it or we will. He was prepared to go it alone. People needed to come together. The UN passed a resolution to disarm or pass consequences. He refused to disarm (disarm what? He did not have WMD!) We knew they were hiding things and that was part of our calculations. Saddam had the ability to produce biological and chemical weapons. He was a danger and we dealt with him.
Our revenues are better than we thought they would be. Oil revenues are pretty good. Iraqis are really pleased we got rid of Saddam. A horrible individual. They have been shocked into a fear of expressing liberty and now are happy about occupation. We will stand with them until they become a free country.
Next question: Do you feel any sense of responsibility for 9/11. I feel grieved when I meet with family members for the incredible loss of life. There were things I wish we had done. Like a Homeland Security Department. We need more sharing of information. We were not on a war footing yet the enemy was at war with us. It did not take me long to put us on a war footing. We must go on the offense and stay on the offence (by going to war in Iraq?)
Did not admit personal responsibility, put it off to organizational problems. ~~~~~
Anguished, sick over loss of life in 9/11. Do my best to console family members.
What could I have done differently. OSB was responsible (not ME). I would have done anything I could if I had had any inkling. (Same bullshit)
Answer about allies in coalition. Blah, blah, blah. I'd like to get another security council resolution to get UN to help out more. Blah, blah, blah.
We cannot yeild, we must be steadfast and strong. They want us to leave and we are not going to.  We are going to do the job and a free Iraq will change the world.
Stumble, mumble, bumble.
He is talking to reporters like they are kindergarten children.
What? Blames N. Korea on WWII?
 



People say that those with brown skin cannot be free?
What?
Stumble, mumble, bumble.
No PLAN. It is being worked out.
Why meet together with Cheney. No answer, just looking forward to sharing our views....
THIS IS TERRIBLE. Got to go to class and give a mid-term. I am sure I will miss nothing.

 My last choice is the use of military power. (WTF?)
Claims Libya as example of his peaceful resolution. Takes credit.
I do not plan to lose my job. I have a plan.
 
Failed as a communicator? Hard question.
Have you failed in any way to make the case?
The voters will decide. Which one can better win the war on terror. I do not fine tune my message to polls.
Maybe I need to communicate better. Hope you understand my convictions.
THIS IS THE WORSE PRESS CONFERENCE I HAVE EVER HEARD.
Off to class.

No comments:

Blog Archive