Sunday, April 04, 2004

(#186) (No rating)

The kos controversy


Kerry blog de-links Kos because the controversial comments on the mercenaries killed in Faluja
http://blog.johnkerry.com/blog/archives/001494.html#001494
Included in the thread - Kos's comment is linked
I know Kos has been bad to us, but this is a bad move.


My contribution on the DU thread:
Sun Apr-04-04 12:48 PM
Response to Original message
65. Kos has been bad to the Clark movement for all the wrong reasons
(got tired to wait). So, I have no great love for the thing - nor do I agree with the over the top part of his statement.
That being said, Kos still represents the voices of a lot of democrats - who are not all going to lockstep. By cutting this off, kerry shows that he's rather silence his base than confront his attackers. Last guy who did that was Al Gore. And while he did win, he wasn't supported during the coup by the people he ignored. I suggest mr kerry use his repeated times off to reflect whose side he is on.
I don't remember Wes Clark denouncing Michael More when the AWOL issue was thrown at him (No one defended Clark on the Jenings/RNc attacks - but somehow, kerry cane out of it smelling like a rose). I am seing a repeat of this with Kos.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=133 9820&mesg_id=1341700

No comments:

Blog Archive