Friday, June 18, 2004

Here's Chris, on DU, answering to a bitchy Chucky follower

ChrisHeinz (12 posts) Thu Jun-17-04 08:42 PM
Response to Reply #24
25. I take offense to that.
I have been on this board for a long time and know that AP has always passionately backed John Edwards. I would prefer if you continued to be pro-Edwards and not attack me for my opinion. But I think it is worse to attack me because of my family's wealth. It seems a little unfair, maybe even a little like what the people across the aisle are trying to do with JK himself. So, in my defense, let's review:
1. I dont advise JK what to do, and that is especially true of this VP issue.
2. I gave up my job (and yes, that hurts my pocketbook though I'll be fine) to join this campaign and have been talking to voters all over the country for 18 months. It's been my honor. Through it, I think I have a very good sense of what's on people's minds, because I hear it (almost) every day.
3. I am proud of my family's tradition in public service and that my father, mother and step father didn't leave well enough alone and live comfortably. Rather, they work for the public good. That's my model, please dont discourage it.
I find it odd that me having been very pro edwards would generate such a reaction.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=551081&mesg_id=551341&page=

No comments:

Blog Archive