Tuesday, June 01, 2004

On the top-down kerry campaign - Ruth benedict/Clark

[new] (#77) (Rated 5.00/1)

by C4Clark on 05/30/2004 11:27:36 AM EST

Rate this: - 1 2 3 4 5 + | Reply

G4V, here is the exchange recorded to Ruth Benedict's Blog about her talk with Wes the other night in NYC:
"'Wes.  I know you want us to vigorously support John Kerry.  That mission in clear; however, the bloggers and people at the grassroots level in the democratic base are finding that mission difficult.'
'But why?'  His eyes pierced mine when he asked that question, but I continued.
'Wes, every time the bloggers or others at the grassroots level try to reach out to the Kerry campaign, whether, virtually or physically, we are met with resistance, ignored and in some cases even banned from participating.  It has been, at best, a disheartening experience especially when we know you're out here stumping so hard for Kerry.'
Wes' face was cast with a look of gloom after I said this.  From his reaction and facial expression, I could tell that it wasn't the first time he was hearing these concerns.  He squeezed my hand again and said, 'I know' in his sweet, quiet southern tone.
'There is a rich pool of resources that is going untapped by Kerry's campaign even with our best efforts.'
His hand clenched mine as he spoke again. 'I know. If John knew this was happening, he'd certainly fix it, but this is a very large top-down organization and it's difficult for him to fix all the parts that are not going well.  The same thing happened in my campaign.  There were things that I knew were wrong, but I couldn't personally fix all of them.  It's frustrating, I know.'
His tone changed again to one of sympathy and genuine concern.  With just a hint of pleading in his voice he said to me, 'Stay with me, hang in there and we'll be alright.'
'We have to be, Wes, because in November we have to kick some ass!'
A brilliant 'Southern Man smile' draped his face even with the bands of sweat running from his temples.  He pumped my hand one last time and said, 'That's exactly right!'"
Entire post:
http://chat.forclark.com/story/2004/5/26/124156/131

No comments:

Blog Archive