Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Mesg #295773 "I'm confused by the Public Display of Advice ..."
Author samela    

on the part of senators and/or purported "Democratic strategists." PDA, for short.
Seems to me like everyone should stay out of it. Because the more "advice" that is leaked to the papers the more Kerry is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
To me (but what do I know), it sort of puts a negative on Kerry choosing Edwards, since if he chooses him, it doesn't look like his first major decision is his own, but one forced upon him. Maybe it can be spun differently, but I can see that as a problem. (On the other hand, in a more positive light, if he does choose Edwards, he can be seen as being true to the party. Um, the same party that has wimped out on us more than once, I hate to say. So I won't. Oops, I did.)
So, one way of looking at it is that this advice provides the kiss of death for Edwards as the choice ... since Kerry looks like a follower instead of a leader if he takes it. Son of a Mill Worker is not my choice, but he might be Kerry's, so I really think everyone should shut up and let him make his own decision.
I still think there's a possibility that "none of the above" will be the choice ... meaning someone none of us or no one in the press has suspected. When you least expect it, you're elected, so to speak.
Who knows. I'd sort of like the decision to be over already, though.

No comments:

Blog Archive