Friday, November 28, 2003

From "He's cute" to "He's electable"

I spent Thanksgiving with the same bunch I was with some weeks ago for a birthday party. Lefties, internet unconnected - Castro good, both parties bad kind of people. I have a hard time usually because of their "what 2000 coup?" attitude. Last time however they responded to my Clark buttons thusly:
"I'd vote for anyone against W - and at least Clark is very good looking" "As good a reason as any" I smiled.
Last night some of them were at the Thanksgiving dinner. They signed my ballot petition, expressed pessimism over the outcome of the election (based primarily on the Bagdad stunt) and then reprised the theme from last time: "The only reason I'd vote for Clark is because he might beat Bush" "As good a reason as any" I said again

No comments:

Blog Archive