Wednesday, July 07, 2004

(#37) (Rated 5.00/1)

by armymom (Armymom4Kerry@hotmail.com) on 07/07/2004 05:07:17 PM EST

Rate this: - 1 2 3 4 5 + | Reply

What a couple of days!  Last night, David called and I couldn't speak to him for long because I was feeling ill.  Anyway, my husband spoke with him and told him what a bad day I had yesterday.
 
I didn't mention this last night because I was unsure how to handle it, but yesterday I received numerous threats via e-mail and 2 threats via phone.  The E-mails were sent to my "real" e-mail address, not the political & public one here.  The e-mails and calls did not have a Freeper tone, but because of a pending investigation, I cannot say more than that.  Apparently, some of my comments hit a little close to home for a few people and they want to shut me up.  That's NOT going to happen.  The tone of the e-mails, as well as the specifics mentioned therein were extortionary and referenced personal information not readily avaiable.  In addition, two reporters that I know also contacted me asking questions, indicating that they had been sicced on me.  The matters have been reported to federal authorities, and of course, in this big brother world of ours, the culprits will be easily found. 
 
I was shocked that David posted online last night.  I had no idea until I read my e-mail this afternoon.  He hasn't gotten his laptop yet, but his battle buddy already has one.  David sent me an e-mail saying that he wanted to see what the hell happenned online yesterday after my husband told him about how upset I was and about the threats, and that he wanted to thank everyone for their support.  I cried when I read what he wrote.  The fact that I've been attacked doesn't intimidate me, it makes me more determined.
By the way, it's easy to be an optimist when your family isn't being asked to sacrifice. 

No comments:

Blog Archive