Sunday, March 14, 2004

by Donna Z



Random thoughts:
I wish I lived in Ohio---again. Will General Clark ever come to Maine? (rhetorical question)
Dean on MTP. I was a Dean supporter, or at least considering Dean, when I caught him on MTP last spring. His performance was a best awful. As a centrist, he was being painted as a liberal. That is when I figured he was "cooked" and I moved on. The following week General Clark was on, as a liberal he was being touted as a "moderate conservative." He of course blew me away--that man can turn a phrase.
Kerry has a certain style and in his day he could expound with the best of them. The Kerry I met had a certain arrogance. The Kerry I saw this fall and winter has a certain lack of spirit. There are days when the old Kerry tries to break through, but there is something indefinable that blocks the force. When I watch him move there is a shuffling stiffness that doesn't bode well.
Intellectually I know I will vote for Kerry. The General's words will help me to work for Kerry.
Ebb and flow. The first time I met Clark he was tired and seem distracted and then an old friend from West Point showed up. It was as if a light was turned on...a beam...and Wes Clark's inner energy almost knocked everyone around him to the ground. Bear hugs for the old friend and a switch to Russian.
Pembroke was the panther-dancer Clark. When Clark moves it is with balance and grace and fluidness that speaks of radiant health.
General if you are reading, I will stop now; however, don't ever buy into the naysayers who downplay your ability on the stage. I've seen Clinton and I've seen you. You've got the goods.

No comments:

Blog Archive