Thursday, March 18, 2004

war crimes!


(#136) (Rated 5.00/2)

by joandarc (joandarc at forclark dot com) on 03/18/2004 06:15:28 PM EST

Rate this: - 1 2 3 4 5 + | Parent | Reply

Idon't think Kerry is sick. Clark was in New York to thank his volunteers and fundraisers at at least two events which were planned at least two weeks ago. I was at one of the events. I too spoke to Clark about our strong desire on the blog to raise money with a cake or a train to erase his debt. So what does he owe? He does not know what the debt is yet--it will take time. But we will hear from him on this. I told him a direct letter to the blog would be best. We'll see. I also asked Gert about those nasty rumors on CNN about her being against the VP spot. She has nothing at all to do with that rumor. It is a total CNN media invention. Interpret that as you like. No one in that room has any respect for the Media.  Ted Sorensen was there.  It turns out he was a Clark backer from the start. I asked him if he was going to write Clark's biography and he said Clark will do that for himself and that he was writing his own biography. I quipped "you can call it the 'Biographer's Biography'"  I hope I get a commission!
I also got to tell the General that when I heard him say "this was a liberating experience" that I got a lump in my throat because I feel the same way and that the last few months have been the best of my life. I found my voice as did we all. I brought up Holbroke's comment to Blitzer two days ago about telling Wolf if he wants to know who Kerry's "leaders" are and what they think of Dubya all he has to do was poll his own foreign correspondents. Wolf said something like "that's for another time"--We all pretty much rolled our eyes at that! I told the General, because that's what I call him, that I had heard Dubya had once said-- "the French, they dont even have a word for 'entrepreneur'". Clark said that was a false rumor.  (I'm thinking, of course, because W certainly couldn't have pronounced 'entrepreneur'") So we had a lot of fun and laughs--I got a hug (well I TOOK a hug) and a photo with the General. Had fun with Gert. Told her I didn't like them staying in fancy hotels when they are in NY or in uppitty Park Ave Apartments, that if they want to feel at home they should come and stay with me, it's a little closer to being in a Barracks--not really true. Wow, it has been so really great to be on the inside of a campaign. You never know what life has in store. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.  Oh, I just did. The first thing I told the General was that I was still up on the blog and that I was trying to get you guys over to the Kerry Blog. Please guys, save your country. I know it's not the General, no-one could possibly be, but I am raising money for Kerry for the NY Gala already, not with the same fervor of course, but it has to be done. He's a really good guy. I know he's been a politician for a long time, but his heart is definitely in the right place and he's very very smart.  And he listens to the General!!! Who knows what that will translate to.  Remember the Prime Directive--ABB.

No comments:

Blog Archive