Friday, February 27, 2004

From: Tyrus Gordon
Date: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:35:18 PM America/Montreal
To: clarkactionteam@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [clarkactionteam] Kerry Meet-Up Boston

Well I attended the Kerry Meet-up in Boston last night. It was an interesting little event. I was suprised to see that they had a smaller turnout than was typical for Clark meet-ups. There were 4 of us Clarkies there with Clark04 pins on. We wanted to state that where the General goes we go and they were very receptive to that. They seemed rather excited when I said that the majority of the Clark supporters are now throwing their weight behind Kerry. The person running the meet-up was a Kerry Senior Aide and he had never hosted a meet-up before and really didn't know what to expect. I told him that I had hosted several for the Clark campaign and he seemed very interested in what I had to say. After the meet-up, he jokingly told me that he should have pulled me aside before it began to ask me for some pointers.
I told him that I have to follow my heart and vote for Clark on Tuesday but after that I am more than willing to help out with the Kerry effort. He asked me to come meet with him in the Boston office some time to talk ahout how I can help out. All in all they seemed to be impressed with the grassroots support that we put together although I get the impression that they didn't really seem to understand that I was not planted there by the campaign and that I really was just a concerned citizen who up until a few months ago was not involved politically and just took some initiative. I am glad to see that they seem genuinly excited to see us throw our support to Kerry and I am excited at the opportunity (and that I won't be hanged for supporting someone other than the native son at first). I just may find it hard innitially to walk into that office and see a bunch of non-Clark signs all over the place.

Tyrus Gordon
Boston

No comments:

Blog Archive