Sunday, February 15, 2004

How did I get signed up for the KerryNational Yahoo site?

Rob, I appreciate the hard work you have done for General Clark, and I do not mean to discredit your efforts. I would like you to understand the way I feel about your new Kerry group, however.

I was curious as to how the National Kerry 2004 Meetup seemed to spring up over night, at similar locations and with similiar number of members in Missouri, as I was looking over Meetup yesterday. I thought it was odd that there were few profiles, and the ones remaining were vague. These are not hard things for anyone to figure out and does not lend good pr to Kerry's campaign. As for myself, I am not yet a member, and receive a request to join when I try and look at the next meeting information. Therefore, I have nothing to unsubscribe from, and hope I do not see my signon on the list.

Do not assume I am against supporting Kerry, that would be incorrect. But we are dealing with a very volatile volunteer base that can think for themselves, and we should not do anything to divide it. The General asked us to do two things, support Kerry, and to help Take Back the House. His is the lead the volunteers are following, and we are not going to be successful in "forcing" them to do otherwise. We need to continue our own meetups to discuss how we can help the General with his two objectives. Otherwise, we need to wait on further directives from Clark.

In my appeal on the four message boards I have access to in Missouri, I have tried to simply relay the directives from the General. The individual groups will decide how to proceed. Our membership on all boards is strong, and I hope our meetup memberships are remaining strong as well. I am receiving supportive feedback from members across the state.

I suggest we put out a sensible agenda for our March 1 meetup, and leave the rest alone for awhile. After all, in the end it will be the Dem meetup vs. the Rep meetup, and who has time for multiple transitions?

Sincerely, CynthiaKCMO

No comments:

Blog Archive